Great doctor, I am super satisfied with my cosmetic surgical results, I would recommend to anyone.
The doctor performed a non invasive manhattan lift on me and i love it. everyone asks me if i went on vacation or if i lost weight! he was very professional and his assistant is the best. i highly recommend dr. dagan to everyone seeking cosmetic help.
Dr Dagan was my third nose job surgeon. Out of all three I was most pleased and satisfied with Dr. Dagan’s patience, knowledge and work. He takes him time to make sure I understood what can be done realistically and what can not. He is far from greedy like some other plastic surgeons. His staff is also very caring and you never have to wait to see him. Dr. Dagan thanks for the nice nose!
I had nasolabial folds and acne scarring. Previous fillers had left my right side less full than my left. I had 4 syringes, more in the right side than left. I am very happy with the results. I noticed immediate improvement, with more over the time. I have not had any adverse reactions. It’s been 2 years and I don’t need a touch up. It hurt more than other fillers but was worth it. I noticed many of the unhappy users had injections around the eyes, which isn’t suggested for Artefill. The skin is too thin. Side effects are possible and likely.
Dr. Dagan is very honest about the services that are needed. He likes to keep you looking natural, but beautiful.
Loved it! Really clear breakdown of expectations and everyone is super friendly.
Corrects: lifting, plumping, filling, smoothing, and facial recontouring
Length of Procedure: 30-60 minutes
Number of Treatments: one with potential maintenance treatments
Longevity: 3 months to 5 years
Recovery Time: 2-4 days
The best doctor for a liquid facelift in NYC may just be Dr. Tal Dagan, with his extensive knowledge and experience in facial plastic surgery. Dr. Tal Dagan has become renowned for his groundbreaking use of 3-D printing and scanning techniques, which help his clients achieve the look they desire through minimally invasive procedures.
One of these procedures is the liquid facelift. The lifting, plumping, smoothing and facial contouring procedure is growing in popularity, and for good reason. Its longevity is anywhere from three months to five years, and the recovery time is up to four days.
Dr. Tal Dagan specializes in procedures, such as the liquid facelift, meaning clients are in good hands as soon as they reach out to his team. His work has been featured in publications ranging from the Huffington Post to the New York Daily News. Dr. Tal Dagan has also been recognized by the North Carolina Museum of Natural History in its highlight section on technological breakthroughs in medicine.
Performing hundreds of surgical procedures each year, Dr. Tal Dagan has the experience to back up the positive testimonials left by his patients on a rolling basis. The liquid facelift is one of the most popular procedures requested by his clients, and Dr. Tal Dagan continues to deliver positive results in New York City.
What is a Liquid Facelift?
Many people may hear the term, “liquid facelift,” and are intrigued by the possibilities, but what exactly is this type of facelift? Furthermore, how is it beneficial long-term?
A liquid facelift involves injecting dermal fillers into the skin to create a plumper appearance. Unlike a surgical facelift, a liquid facelift does not involve any incisions, but it can provide similar benefits. Patients who are interested in getting rid of wrinkles may want to consider this method, and it might also be an option for those who are looking to reduce sagging of the skin.
There is no “right” time to have a liquid facelift, but the ideal time for facial rejuvenation of any sort is typically when patients reach their 40s or 50s. A liquid facelift may be an ideal option for those who are past this age range as well. Dr. Tal Dagan works closely with his clients to develop a plan to address their specific needs, meaning they are confident from the moment they begin working with his team.
Prior to consultations, a Patient Care Coordinator reaches out to Dr. Tal Dagan’s clients to gain more insight into their unique needs and priorities. This ensures that the actual consultation with Dr. Tal Dagan is as productive and personalized as possible.
Following the consultation, the Patient Care Coordinator helps clients schedule their procedure at their convenience. Any questions or concerns prior to the procedure can be addressed in a complimentary follow-up consultation.
What is the Procedure for a Liquid Facelift?
There are a number of steps taken before, during and after a liquid facelift. Patients are asked to refrain from smoking and alcohol two weeks before the procedure and three weeks after it is completed to reduce the risk of complications. Aspirin, ibuprofen and aspirin-containing products should also be avoided one week before the procedure and two weeks afterward.
When the liquid facelift begins, a local anesthetic is given to numb a particular area of the face. Once this has gone into effect, the injections begin. The injections themselves may sting at first, but are generally tolerable throughout the process. Each injection takes a few minutes, and depending on the filler being used, all of them may be conducted in one session.
The ultimate goal of the liquid facelift is to address particular areas of the face that need sculpting, such as facial depressions, scars, and imperfections on the nose and cheeks. There are several different types of fillers on the market that may be used during a liquid facelift, which will be discussed prior to the procedure.
Medications for pain and antibiotics may be prescribed after the visit. These prescriptions should be obtained before the liquid facelift occurs to ensure that patients have them on hand immediately following the procedure. Vitamin C may also be taken by patients to help promote healing during the first two weeks following their facelift.
How Long is a Liquid Facelift in NYC?
A liquid facelift conducted in Dr. Tal Dagan’s office can take anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes. Unlike a traditional facelift, a liquid facelift does not involve “going under the knife,” generally making it a faster process that can be completed in one visit, depending on the filler being utilized.
What are the Benefits of a Liquid Facelift?
There are several benefits associated with getting a liquid facelift. Let’s take a closer look at some of the advantages of this procedure.
- The procedure itself is minimally invasive and does not require incisions on the face.
- The procedure takes up to one hour to complete at Dr. Tal Dagan’s office.
- Sagging, fine lines and wrinkles can all be addressed in one liquid facelift session.
- The recovery time from a liquid facelift is between two and four days, meaning patients can get back to everyday life sooner.
- Skin becomes smoother and tighter after the procedure.
- A liquid facelift can be a more affordable alternative to a traditional facelift, making it a cost-friendly option for patients on a tight budget.
- A liquid facelift may be ideal for patients who are interested in specifically addressing scarring.
- There are many filler options available to patients, depending on the longevity they are seeking.
What are the Risks of a Liquid Facelift in NYC?
There are many benefits that come with a liquid facelift, many of which are obvious. Smoother skin with fewer wrinkles is one of the immediate advantages, but what about the risks?
Similar to other procedures, liquid facelifts come with a few risks that patients will want to consider before they choose this option. First, bruising is not uncommon in patients who undergo a liquid facelift. Though temporary, this is something that should be taken into account before a final decision is made.
Next, it’s worth noting that the final results may not be comparable to surgery for other areas, such as the jowls that form on the jawline, loose skin around the neck, and double chin.
Finally, research has shown that there can potentially be side effects associated with undergoing a liquid facelift, such as allergic reactions and bacterial infections. Filler may also enter certain blood vessels in the face, which can cause skin necrosis. Although these risks are rare, they are still complications that should be addressed with the doctor before undergoing the procedure.
How Long is the Liquid Facelift Recovery Process?
Upon the completion of the procedure, patients might be given a soft head wrap dressing. Those who are undergoing a range of procedures, such as an eyelid lift in combination with a facelift, may also notice blurry vision immediately afterward. This is due to ointment used on the eyes during the procedure. The staff at Dr. Tal Dagan’s office is trained to instruct patients on post-procedural care before being sent home.
The day after the procedures are completed, patients are typically asked to return to Dr. Tal Dagan’s office for a dressing change, if necessary, and a wound check. One week after the procedure, any suture removal will take place at the office as well.
Some patients who undergo a liquid facelift are able to return to normal life the next day, although bruising may delay this possibility for some. Dr. Tal Dagan and his team recommend setting aside up to four days to fully recover from a liquid facelift.
Following the procedure, icing the impacted areas may help reduce swelling and aid in the recovery process. To prolong the benefits associated with receiving a liquid facelift, it is recommended that patients stay out of direct sunlight and/or use sun protection. This will ultimately slow the development of fine lines and wrinkles.
Immediately after receiving a liquid facelift, patients should also avoid vigorous exercise for up to 24 hours. The goal is to reduce the possibility of bruising by maintaining a resting blood pressure. Caffeine and alcohol should also be avoided 24 hours before and after the procedure to help maintain blood pressure and limit bruising.
Patients should avoid touching areas where they received injections for at least three days following their liquid facelift to promote healing as well.
Am I a Good Candidate for a Liquid Facelift?
There are many benefits linked to undergoing a liquid facelift, but how do clients know whether they are a good candidate for this type of procedure? Dr. Tal Dagan and his team ensure that all patients know the benefits, as well as the risks, prior to undergoing any type of surgery. Here are some of the characteristics of an individual who may be a prime candidate for a liquid facelift.
- Sagging cheeks
- Creases at the sides of the mouth
- Nasolabial folds between the nose and mouth
- Lower eyelid drooping
- Permanent scars
It’s also worth noting that aging can begin before a patient reaches his or her 40s or 50s. Those who have experienced sagging skin around the face and neck areas may want to consider a liquid facelift if they are looking for a non-invasive procedure to remedy skin problems in these specific areas.
What are the Results of a Liquid Facelift?
The results of the best liquid facelift are immediately obvious following the procedure. Fuller, plumper skin with less wrinkles should be evident, aside from the temporary swelling, bruising and redness that may come with the recovery process.
During the procedure, the doctor can also target more precise areas with injections, meaning certain problem spots can be addressed without needing to “go under the knife.”
By the time the procedure is completed and the recovery process concludes, patients are left with smoother, tighter skin. Previous scarring may also diminish as a result of the liquid facelift, resulting in a blemish-free appearance.
How Long Does an NYC Liquid Facelift Last?
The best liquid facelift can last anywhere from three months to five years, depending on the fillers used, as well as the areas targeted along the face and neck. There are many different fillers on the market, all of which patients can explore with Dr. Tal Dagan before making a final decision regarding their procedure. Some of the most popular include:
- Hyaluronic acid: A common filler used in liquid facelifts. The effects are reversible, which give patients more flexibility, and generally last up to eight months. If a patient does not like the end result, the doctor can inject a substance to break up the hyaluronic acid.
- Calcium hydroxyapatite: These fillers last anywhere from 12 to 16 months. However, they cannot be broken down and present a more permanent look, meaning patients will need to commit to the procedure.
- Poly-L-lactic acid: This filler stimulates collagen production within the face and lasts up to 24 months. That being said, it’s worth noting that a liquid facelift using this type of injection may require more than one visit to achieve desired results.
- Collagen or fat: This is sometimes referred to as soft tissue augmentation. Collagen and fat injectable fillers are temporary, but effective for correcting wrinkles and scars. This type of procedure involves fat transfer from the patient’s own body. It can last from three to 12 months.
Once the effects of the liquid facelift begin to wane, a follow-up appointment with Dr. Tal Dagan can be made to discuss a future procedure to target any recurring problem areas.
The Best Doctor for a Liquid Facelift
The best doctor to contact for a liquid facelift in NYC is Dr. Tal Dagan. With extensive experience in the plastic surgery realm, Dr. Tal Dagan helps his patients achieve the looks they desire through means, such as liquid facelifts, on a regular basis. With his knowledge, honest approach and expertise, clients are made to feel as comfortable as possible from the moment they begin working with Dr. Tal Dagan and his team. Don’t hesitate to explore the options available to you today.
Liquid Facelift FAQs
How does one prepare for a Liquid Facelift?
More than anything else, it is a mental and physical preparation. It is helpful to get into a young frame of mind as well as to exercise and diet appropriately. Physically, I suggest my patients prepare by thinking about their outward appearance: hair, make-up and fashion styling. This combined with the Liquid Facelift gives an overall rejuvenated appearance that does not suggest any type of work.
Please describe in simple terms how this procedure is conducted.
The procedure is similar to sculpting. It begins with a personal consult where we define all the target areas, i.e.: facial depressions, scars, imperfections on nose and cheeks among other issues. Local anesthetic is administered. We then inject active components of the treatment into the areas of concern.
When is the right age/time to have a Liquid Facelift?
Considering this procedure when you’re relatively younger helps prevent needing more major work done as you age. That said, an ideal timing for facial rejuvenation varies between 40’s to 50’s but can be applied during later years as well.
Why do you recommend a Liquid Face Lift vs. Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures?
A Liquid Face Lift allows the client to enhance their appearance with a safe, speedy, non-surgical procedure. It is the perfect opportunity to experience the benefits of cosmetic procedures and to reflect on how to approach a more permanent surgical procedure if desired.
How long does the Liquid Facelift last?
Longevity varies depending on the combination of injectibles as well as the condition of the client’s skin. The results can last between six months and several years—yes! several years.
How soon can I go back to work after the procedure?
The nice thing about a Liquid Facelift is that it is not surgery and therefore your recovery time is limited to a weekend. In some cases, slight bruising may occur which requires time to heal but can easily be covered with make-up. This is a good time to relax and pamper oneself.
Can you go in the sun after a Liquid Facelift?
The sun has damaging effects whether or not you have had a procedure. At all times, use SPF of 15 or more to help prevent wrinkles and further maintain your rejuvenated look.
What are the things to stay away from before and after my procedure?
One of the wonderful advantages of the Liquid Facelift compared to its surgical counterpart is the relative lack of restrictions both before and after the procedure. I recommend no caffeine or alcohol 24 hours prior to and after the procedure. The point is to reduce the possibility of bruising by raising the blood pressure. Also, after a liquid facelift I recommend no vigorous exercise for 24 hours.
How is this procedure different from other facial rejuvenation procedures?
The Liquid Facelift is different in several ways. It is not surgically invasive and therefore requires little downtime for recovery. The common changes that occur with aging often involve volume loss and gravitational pull of tissues downward, which can benefit from the Liquid Facelift.
Aside from aging, some people complain of certain fatigue signs such as dark circles under their eyes, or of their facial and cheek structure that may have started while in their teens. These all are more easily taken care of by a comprehensive non-surgical approach where certain areas are sculpted to their desired effect.
How much does the liquid facelift cost?
A Liquid Facelift can range between $4,000 and $6,000.
To find out more about this unique procedure and what it can do for you, contact us today.
PREOPERATIVE FACELIFT INSTRUCTIONS
Medications and other substances
- Avoid any aspirin, aspirin-containing products, or ibuprofen (Advil, Aleve, etc.) for one week prior to and two weeks following your face lift surgery. See our “Medication List” for products to avoid prior to surgery. If you are on any medications that affects bleeding (such as coumadin or warfarin) please notify the office immediately.
- Please refrain from smoking and alcohol for two weeks prior and three weeks following facelift surgery. Along with delayed wound healing, persistent skin redness and other complications may occur with pre or post operative tobacco and alcohol use.
- Please notify us of all routine medications and significant health history. We ask that you remain on your daily medications unless instructed otherwise. At the preoperative facelift appointment, our nurse will tell you which daily medications to take with just a sip of water on the morning of your plastic surgery.
- At your preoperative facelift appointment you will be given prescriptions for use following surgery including an oral antibiotic and pain medications. Please obtain these prescription medications before your face lift surgery so you will have them ready for use when you return home after surgery.
- You may o begin Arnica Montana, a natural herb that significantly decreases bruising, on the day before your facelift surgery. You may also start Bromelain and Vitamin C (ascorbic acid), which helps promote healing, for one week before and two weeks following surgery.
- You may eat a light breakfast the day of your facelift procedure. You may brush your teeth.
- Do not bring valuables (cash, credit cards, watches, jewelry, etc.) to the office on the day of your facelift surgery. Remove all make-up and nail polish before arriving for your procedure.
- It is not required that a family member or friend stay at the office during your facelift surgery. However, someone must be available at all times while you are here at Dagan MD for surgery. Someone will need to drive you home after your surgery and stay with you that evening, do not plan on using public transportation. Transportation to the office for follow-up the day following facelift surgery may also be required.
- It is highly suggested to get a hair coloring treatment a day before your surgery, this is an old trick to throw off attention from the fact you just had facial rejuvenative surgery, please let us know if you would like us to coordinate a same day hair appointment in our building with Angelo David hair salon.